I have on headphones a lot. Even at work. And when I'm asked what I'm listening to nowadays, it's likely to be a podcast as often as it is music. Here are a few of my favorite podcasts - the ones I just can't go a week without hearing...
Bill Moyers Journal, Bob Edwards Weekend - two great interviewers who are always talking with interesting people about anything and everything. Bill and Bob have conducted a gazillion interviews between the two of 'em and are always curious, respectful, probing and interesting. I've gotten to the point where I never look at who's going to be on, I just listen in to these supreme masters of conversation and learn.
Buzz Out Loud, Cranky Geeks, This Week In Tech - Hi, I'm Tom and I'm a tech junkie. (Hi, Tom!) Seriously, I love these three because they all have interesting and funny hosts, I find out about cool tech stuff before anyone else, and I enjoy hearing passionate people express their opinions and/or rant about the tech industry. Let's face it people, we're living in the future, and these are the folks who have the jetpacks!
Radio Lab, This American Life - these two podcasts transport me to places and situations that make me think about my life and how the world works. And they make me laugh, cry, and shake my head at the amazing universe that we live in and the wonderful people who live there. TAL is one of our favorites to listen to in the car whenever we have a road trip.
Left, Right and Center, On the Media - politics gets more important to me as I get older, but I become less conservative and more liberal the more I read and understand how the world works. Both of these podcasts have smart and witty people with thoughtful analysis and I usually want the 'cast to run twice as long so I can hear more about the subjects they cover - and then I wind up
spending another hour or two on the 'nets, researching and learning more. (And it doesn't hurt that I could listen to Arianna's lovely accent for hours!)
All Songs Considered, New York Times Music Popcast - I probably scan eight or nine music podcasts but always come back to hear these two; they have the most consistently interesting interviews and music of all the ones I've heard.
Got a podcast you want to turn me on to? Leave me a comment and let me know, K?
(By the way, my favorite headphones are not made any more... the Sennheiser HD 414's that I was introduced to at WNOK many years ago. My wife gave me a pair of these when Sennheiser reissued them several years ago, and they're used for serious listening - like I have time for that anymore.)
Monday, January 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment