Sunday, January 27, 2008

I Love Music (Despite the People in Charge of It) Part 2

updated

Don Reisinger is an intelligent chap I hear on the TWIT podcast every once in a while, and on the Buzz Out Loud podcast as a guest host sometimes (or did he just happen to be in the studio that day?), and he's got a blog on CNET called The Digital Home that's pretty interesting... but what's most interesting is this chat he had with one of the RIAA's representatives recently.

I can certainly understand why EMI and others are re-evaluating their relationship with the RIAA. I could be wrong, but I'll bet the KGB had higher public approval ratings back in the mid-70's.

Here's the survey question I imagined them asking the general public: "Would you say you liked, loved, or <3 size="1">May I remind you that you won't ever be allowed to listen to music again if you don't answer this question."

Cuddly, eh?

UPDATE: Sorry, should've linked to Don's article on his interview as well, though I did think the raw interview transcript was pretty indicative of the general dickishness of the RIAA, but Don makes some good points that should be considered as well.

No comments: