As I'd mentioned before [in my Shorty Sketche about music last week], I've been thoroughly impressed by the new disc from Robert Plant and Alison Krauss. I've shared with others that I've listened to it about four or five times now, which is a real record considering I have close to 130G of music to choose from (and STILL haven't ripped my entire library, Brian!). Even my Sweetie is into this disc.
Not only do I think it may be the best album of the year, someone else does as well. (And why hasn't it show up on Metacritic yet?)
I was discussing it with Nate at work, who really liked it as well, and we both marvelled at the fact that these folks had come togeether: Robert Plant, Alison Krauss, and T-Bone Burnett, who produced this masterpiece. And it reminds me that sometimes it's the catalyst that makes the formula work.
A little later I'll tell you about what I've heard this week, including upcoming discs from the Backstreet Boys, the Eagles, and (yikes!) Britney Spears.
Sunday, October 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I'll probably get it soon. I've heard nothing but good stuff about it. Haven't bough much lately... need to refocus and get onto some music...!
Post a Comment