Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Two recent losses

You may only know him from the thousands of movie trailers that his magnificent voice graced, but that's the way Don LaFontaine wanted to be known. He may have been the most productive voice actor ever, and though we live in a world where a boatload of folks will try to imitate him, he was one of a kind. Here's a great pic from SWINDLE - so now you know what he looked like.


Again I go to the movies and remember the large screen and larger than life stories I saw in my youth. One of my favorites was "Smokey and the Bandit," and I really wanted a Trans-Am as cool as the one Burt Reynolds drove. I actually went to see "Smokey and the Bandit" with a buddy that could've passed for Burt's buddy Jerry (though I was nowhere near as cool as Burt). Tonight I'm sad to learn that Jerry has finally succumbed to Father Time and Gravity. Thanks for the pickin' and all the laughs, Jerry.

No comments: