Sunday, May 11, 2008

Music I can't get enough of

I picked up Firewater's latest, "The Golden Hour," last week, and though I've had about 9 different discs to peruse since then, I still keep coming back to this record. It's really cool, very loose and worldly, yet so very accessible. This is my first exposure to Firewater, so I thought I'd share with you as well.

Kudos to the idea of traveling around and making music with whoever shows up, regardless of whether you speak the language or what your expectations are. Check out the video below to get a taste of why the album, then the two samples down below should help move you to hear more. I think this might be my obsession of the year.



“Borneo”

"Three Legged Dog"

1 comment:

Nathan McKinney said...

Thanks for the tip. Just picked it up on iTunes on your rec. I'll let you know what I think.

Another recent purchase is the Foxburro Hottubs. I'm liking it.