Again, here we have another case of a politician using popular music to fire up the crowd during appearances. And, like Reagan with "Born In the USA" (and, I'm sure, others before and after), no one paid attention to the damn lyrics or even asks the particular performer if they can use their songs.
[Not that one would have to - after all, as long as you're paying the performance royalties, it really shouldn't matter until you piss someone off and they ask you to stop. But I guess I was just raised better than that... and hell, I wouldn't run for office anyway; that's another story for another time.]
It seems to be a problem with Republicans more than Democrats. After all, Clinton and Kerry had the good sense to ask the actual artists to perform in some venues, but you never hear of Democrats being asked to not play an artist's music. Of course, it could be that more artists like Democratic candidates, but there's always Ricky Martin or the Oak Ridge Boys.
Then again, can't you just imagine someone playing "She Bangs" at a Hillary Clinton event?
UPDATE: Can't plead ignorance, Mac should've known better - or someone close to him should've been able to advise him better.
Tuesday, February 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment