Thursday, February 7, 2008

I Love Music (Despite the People in Charge of It) Part 3

They just can't help themselves... the RIAA, along with all the record companies and the accountants, lawyers, sycophants, and the rest of the dinosaurs in the music industry that don't actually do anything to make the music, the lifeblood of their "business," they're all just working hard to help the artist.

Oh yeah. Right. Ye Gods.

OK, just a serious note to any and all musicians. DO IT YOURSELF. Don't sign any record contracts, just go totally indie. It worked for Ani and it can work for you, but it'll be the hardest job you'll ever love.

... and I promise that I won't go past part 3 on this series of ILM(DtPiCoI). I'll probably have to come up with something a bit more pithy, like 'Frak the Music Industry.'

Meanwhile, former governor Mike Huckabee is playing air hockey with Texas on the Colbert Report.

Ye Gods.

No comments: