Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thank U

What, you think I'd skip a week?

It's Thanksgiving, so here's my list of who & what I'm grateful for (in no particular order, so don't get yer nose outta joint)...

My Sweetie - I got really lucky and married my best friend, and she's still putting up with me, many years later. Take it from me - marry the deluded! (Especially if they're deluded about you!)

My family - always loving & supportive, even though they think I'm pretty frakking weird ('cause they know me the best, don'tcha know), and they're probably tired of me asking them all the time what they're listening to. This totally includes my in-laws. I will never be able to make mother-in-law jokes - she's just too damn cool.

My good friends & drinking buddies - Collin, Darryl, Lee & Scott (and our respective better halves who let us), we can't get together often enough, and when we do, the bar tab is usually outrageous (not to mention the food bill - OMG). This does not mean I'm driving next time, either. Pam & Lee, bang on the gong for me. Pam & Darryl, I will babysit - that's how much I care. Coll & Annette, if Buster wasn't an anti-social biter, we'd have regularly scheduled playdates. Scotty, next time your ass is in town, I expect a call. I'm just sayin'...

The folks I work with - I celebrated 20 years in the same company in May. It really says more about the patience of my bosses (well, some of 'em - the real turkeys eventually left) than my staying power. It's a place that really does feel like family, and that they do care. (I had an executive VP call me when I was recovering from the big surgery back in '01, just to see how I was, to see if there was anything I needed, and to tell me he was thinking of me and to let me know if there was anything he could do - seriously. Wow.). I really appreciate the folks I work side by side with, day by day.

Music - without which I would not find life worth living or showers worth singing.

Computers - because there needs to be a certain level of stress in everyone's life... OK, I might get a Mac next time, I'm really seriously thinking about it, since Vista is such a drag...

Pets - specifically dogs & cats, and I can't conceive of life without 'em. They are wonderful companions and they also will not allow you to get too full of yourself. Give a critter a cheezburger and make their ever-lovin' day!

My doctors - let's face it, I wouldn't be here without some damn fine talented folks who've literally had their hands on me and inside of me, as well as the medical research that continues to remind me that reality is catching up a lot faster than Gene Roddenberry would've ever believed.

I wish for you and yours a very lovely and wonderful Thanksgiving. Thank U for your attention.

No comments: